What is economic development? In the City of Tehachapi that question is answered by creating a support network for our local small and large businesses. From the very outset we offer our services for those looking to start a business, expand a business or become more successful in our region.
We believe in strong community partnerships among business owners, organizations like the Greater Tehachapi Chamber of Commerce, the Greater Tehachapi Economic Development Council, Kern Economic Development Corporation, and many more. By working with local and regional leaders, Tehachapi has positioned itself as a unique marketplace and an area where businesses can thrive.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you might have as we look forward to helping your business succeed.
--Corey Costelloe, Economic Development Coordinator
Economic Development Services
Our City may not be large but our offering of services are sizable. The links below helps to promote the varied services the City of Tehachapi provides to both new and existing business owners. Entrepreneurs can learn about everything from our confidential assistance, expedited permitting process and free analysis and technical support; all helping them make better decisions and have a better experience in our community.
Tehachapi has a great story to tell and for business owners, it all starts with demographics. Updated to share the most recent data and graphically improved to reflect our personality - Tehachapi has never looked so good!
Developer & Business Location Maps
Developers and business owners are always in need of tools to evaluate the best available locations. So we’ve developed a new set of maps highlighting commercial development opportunities and available retail properties. Each detailed map contains traffic counts, zoning and contact information as well as a look at other businesses in the immediate area. We have also included a link to our current commercial vacancy list.
Commercial Development/Retail Opportunities (PDF)
Useful Business Development Links
Business & Marketing Plan
Real Estate Needs
2021 Economic Development Goals
1. Attract, retain and expand business while recovering from the impact of COVID-19.
- Engage existing businesses and assist with resilient business practices.
- Attract desirable opportunities that don’t exist in Tehachapi.
- Increase regional tourism. Invest in community projects that support economic development and quality of life.
- Engage businesses in resiliency and recovery efforts in the wake of COVID-19.
2. Communicate the value of economic development to the community
- Develop partnerships that enhance economic development.
- Quantify the value of economic development efforts with new data.
- Use digital media to communicate the impact of economic development efforts.